The Audio-Technica AE3000 Condenser Microphone is designed to take the highest sound pressure levels encountered on stage - from such sources as guitar cabinets, toms, snare, tympani and overheads while still delivering superb, uncolored performance, thanks to an open-architecture headcase and large-diaphragm condenser capsule. The microphone features an innovative small-format side-address design with a tapered grille for optimum placement versatility.
Audio-Technica AE3000 Features
- Excels in high-SPL applications such as guitar cabinets, toms, snare, timpani and overheads
- Large-diaphragm capsule combines with the open architecture of the headcase to provide an extremely accurate and open sound
- Low-profile side-address design with tapered grille allows optimal positioning of element vis-à-vis sound source
- Robust design for enduring dependability on the road
- Integral 80 Hz HPF switch and 10 dB pad
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
An integral 80 Hz hi-pass filter provides easy switching from a flat frequency response to a low-end roll-off. The roll-off position reduces the microphone’s sensitivity to popping in close vocal use. It also reduces the pickup of low-frequency ambient noise (such as traffic, air-handling systems, etc.), room reverberation and mechanically-coupled vibrations.
The AE3000 includes an AT8471 isolation clamp to provide secure mounting, versatile positioning, and effective dampening of unwanted mechanical noise.