The Galaxy Hot Spot monitor line has evolved over the past 3 decades. The HS7 Hot Spot monitor utilizes the NEOLITE Neodymium driver which produces more bass output which is an improvement over its predecessor. Galazy has redesigned the outer shell too. The new shell is slightly larger with many cool new built-ins such as, built in mic stand mount, mic boom attachment, integrated handle and built in stand/wall bracket mounts (optional bracket). Being that there is more room inside the cabinet, this creates better bass response.
Galaxy HS7 Hot Spot Monitor Features
- The new design of the HS7 includes the convenient mic stand insert on the bottom of the unit. This allows a quick setup on top of a mic stand, with the HS7 angled upward for accurate vocal monitoring.
- The included mic stand adaptor insures a more stable and secure placement on any mic stand.
- Molded-in yoke bracket points. With the optional yoke bracket assembly the HS7 can be mounted to a wall or ceiling, or attached to a mic stand and angled in any direction.
- Microphone boom attachment on top of the HS7 eliminates the need for a second mic stand for your microphone. (Requires optional hardware).
- Integrated handle into the top of the enclosure.
- Each Hot Spot 7 comes equipped with two Speakon 1/4 inch Combo speaker jacks, all of which are wired in parallel to allow easy daisy chaining of multiple Hot Spots.
- 18 dB Stepped Attenuator Volume Control
- 16 ohm Cabinet with Two NEOLITE 5-Inch Drivers
- 200 Watts Continuous Power Rating
- Frequency Response 150Hz-18kHz
- 126 dB SPL (200 Watts at .5 Meter)
- Input Connections: Two Twistlock 1/4 Inch Combo Jacks (wired in parallel)
- Mounts to Any Mic Stand
- Integrated Handle, Mounting Points for Mic Boom and Bracket
- Three Year Warranty
The Hot Spot works great for numerous reasons. First, the Hot Spot can be set on a microphone stand, which allow them to be positioned closer to the user. Think about it, many performers purchase a 12 or 15 inch floor monitor and during the performance, roll off the low end and crank up the volume so the sound will travel from the floor to their ears. The Hot Spot is mid range oriented and it is closer to the performer, so there will be less stage volume, which reduces feedback. Second, the Hot Spot is physically smaller and lighter in weight, which makes it easier for transport, plus the clarity is superior to any larger floor monitor.
Galaxy Audio introduces the 5-inch driver of the future! Like its predecessor, this speaker is tailored to reproduce a frequency range from 150Hz-18kHz. The magnet of the NEOLITE is manufactured from a material called Neodymium, a rare earth element. Neodymium has an extremely intense magnetic field in comparison to its weight. The NEOLITE is as powerful as the previous 5 inch driver, yet weighs 1/3 as much. In addition, our NEOLITE driver is shielded. This allows the speaker to be placed near sensitive equipment that may be affected by a strong magnetic field, such as a TV or a computer monitor.
The NEOLITE can handle 100 watts continuous/200 watts max! How is it possible for a speaker this size to handle power like that? A speaker is only as good as its ability to dissipate heat. The NEOLITE has a patented cooling system called Super Cool. Super Cool is based on three different methods of heat transfer.
Galaxy Audio has produced hundreds of thousands of Hot Spots. Hot Spots work great for nearly any type of music or speech applications. Using Hot Spots will actually help reduce feedback from occurring on stage!