However much you love the classic Les Paul look, feel, and tone, some playing styles just require a longer scale. Whether it’s bangin’ dropped tunings, liquid-like slide work, or meaty low-string twang, or just a preference for a little more string tension and a longer neck, the Les Paul Long Scale from Gibson Custom nails it all. With a 25.5-inch scale length, it brings an alternative playing feel, piano-like bass notes, sparkling harmonic clarity, and characteristic long-scale snap to the table.
Gibson Custom CS Les Paul Long Scale '60 Profile Guitar Features
- V2 SlimTaper ’60 neck profile for a slim, comfortable feel many players prefer
- Traditional solid lightweight Mahogany body with carved Maple top nails classic Les Paul Tones
- Custom Bucker Pickups are the finest PAF reproductions Gibson Has ever created
- A longer 25.5 scale length adds snap, shimmer, and piano-like lows to the traditional formula
- Individual volume and tone controls for each pickup join a three-way switch for sonic versatility
- Tune-O-Matic bridge and stop bar partner up for precise intonation and solid sustain
This meticulously crafted guitar from Gibson Custom hits on all the high points for long-time Les Paul fans. A solid, lightweight, one-piece mahogany body and carved two-piece maple top; glued-in one-piece mahogany neck; classic hardware; and Gibson’s impressive and extremely PAF-like—Custom Bucker humbucking pickups deliver timeless Les Paul tone, with much more when you want it.
Its looks stem from classic Les Paul aesthetics, too, but with a few elegant twists to enhance visual interest. Single-layer reissue cream binding graces the bodies top and back, the rosewood fingerboard carries split-parallelogram inlays, a Gibson Custom medallion covers the rear switch access (spare plastic cover included), and it’s all dressed in a hand-sprayed nitrocellulose finish. A Certificate of Authenticity keeps it real, and a Gibson Custom Hardshell case keeps it safe.