The capabilities of this package are massive! Designed to control the included Bitwig Studio 2 softwarem the Impact LX88+ is jam-packed with intelligent, expressive performance and hooks up automatically to Bitwig! If you prefer to control MIDI hardware, use the build-in MIDI Out as well as the extensive MIDI programing options. With a wide range of professional sounds, streamlined recording capability and more, this software/hardware bundle makes an easy addition to any studio.
Nektar Impact LX88 Plus Features
Bitwig Studio V2 Features
- 88 note, velocity-sensitive semi-weighted keyboard
- 4 velocity curves + 3 fixed
- Pitch bend & Modulation wheels
- Transpose shift buttons
- 8 potentiometers
- 9 30mm faders
- 9 assignable buttons
- 6 dedicated transport buttons
- 5 preset locations store control settings
- Page button (for Nektar DAW Integration only)
- Nektar DAW Integration for major DAWs
- 8 velocity sensitive pads
- Each pad LED illuminated with 4 color options: Green, Yellow, Orange and Red
- 4 velocity curves plus 3 fixed
- Pads assignable notes and MIDI cc messages
- Load or Save to any of 4 pad maps
- Clips and Scenes LED buttons
- 1/4 inch TS jack foot switch input (MIDI Assignable)
- MIDI Out (can be routed from LX88 or from DAW)
- USB port on rear panel, and USB bus powered
- Connects to iPad via Apple Camera Connection Kit (not supplied)
Bitwig Studio V2
- Multi-Track Recording
- Fades and Crossfades
- Hybrid Audio and MIDI Tracks
- 24 brand new modulators
- Unified Modulation System
- Improved Editor Workflow
- Arrangement and Mixer Clip Launching
- Layered Editing and Clip Automation
- 32-/64-Bit VST and VST3 Support
- Context-Based Pop-Up Browser
Bitwig Studio 2 comes with 24 brand new modulators; from standard modulators like envelopes and LFOs - to more unique modulator types like Random, Select-4 and Math. From the beginning, the idea of modularity has been central to Bitwig Studio. While digital audio workstations (DAWs) aren’t known for taking a modular approach, creating Bitwig Studio from the ground up allowed us to rethink previous assumptions. This led us to focus not just on individual devices but on strengthening the ways they interact with and support one another.
Within the Bitwig Studio 1 cycle the concepts of Nested Device Chains as well as Modulator Devices made it already one of the most flexible DAWs in the industry - in Bitwig Studio 2 the modularity concept has been developed further - The entire modulation system has been reworked and the idea of modulators has been reclaimed. Today we’re proudly presenting this next step on our journey towards a fully modular device architecture. Beside our focus on modularity, we also refined all other areas of the Bitwig Studio workflow.
Each device in Bitwig Studio 2 (internal devices and external plug-ins) has individual modulation slots where an unlimited number of modulators can be added to a device and assigned to any number of parameters. Furthermore, the Modulators can also be interconnected for truly dynamic and expressive sound design possibilities. When using internal Bitwig instruments, many modulators can be set to polyphonic mode - enabling per-voice modulation - something previously only seen in closed systems.
Apart from totally re-conceptualizing the modulation system and introducing an entirely new class of Modulator devices, we're also expanding the standard device collection.