The rack mount SL-4 direct box is designed for use in both live and studio applications. When you require multiple interfaces of unbalanced Hi-Z equipment to balanced Lo-Z mixer inputs (multiple keyboardists, for example), then you need the SL-4 direct box. This rugged single rack space unit is built with a cold rolled steel chassis for superior shielding and durability.
On the front panel, each channel has a Hi-Z input with a loop-thru jack, a ground lift switch, and a -20dB pad switch for using either instrument level or line level (keyboards, drum triggers, etc.) sources. On the rear panel, each channel has a Hi-Z input/output 1/4 inch jack, and XLR male Lo-Z output as well as a balanced 1/4 inch output. These configurations permit a variety of patching options to simplify your setup. This unit is like having four SL-2 direct boxes in a single rack space.
RapcoHorizon SL-4 Passive Direct Box Features
- Transforms Hi-Z 1/4 inch input to balanced Lo-Z XLR output
- -20db pad to filter a signal that is too hot
- Equivalent of 4 SL-2 direct boxes in a single rack space
- 1 space rack mount box
- Superior quality connectors and transformers
- Ground lift switches to eliminate hum
- Paralleled 1/4 inch output for on-stage monitoring
- Individually tested for performance and quality