Eris E66 Active MTM monitors deliver smooth on- and off-axis response with more dynamic output than conventional two-way studio monitor configurations, thanks to their MTM (mid woofer-tweeter-mid woofer) design, which features a 1.25-inch silk dome high-frequency driver nested between two 6.5-inch Kevlar low-frequency drivers. The nested MTM configuration facilitates both vertical and horizontal loudspeaker placement while providing improved spatial resolution with a much wider sweet spot than conventional designs.
The weave and nature of the dual Kevlar woofers helps break up reflected energy, so fewer delayed reflections reach the listener’s ear, resulting in a less colored, more cohesive sound. These dual woofers operate in parallel within the same frequency range, acting to minimize phase displacement to provide optimal stereo imaging.
PreSonus Eris E66 Active Studio Monitor Features
- Nested MTM design with dual Kevlar drivers provides smooth on- and off-axis response with more dynamic output than conventional two-way studio monitor configurations
- MTM design minimizes phase displacement and leads to improved spatial resolution and a much wider sweet spot
- Dual 6.5-inch, custom-woven Kevlar LF/midrange drivers produce dynamic, size-defying bass output
- 1.25-inch, silk-dome HF driver ensures smooth high-frequency performance that is never fatiguing to the ears
- Unique design supports vertical and horizontal loudspeaker placement to fit into any mix environment
- 140W Class A/B bi-amplification for an open, clear sound
- Acoustic tuning controls help to compensate for room anomalies, providing a consistent frequency response customized for your mix environment
- Balanced XLR, balanced ¼-inch TRS, and unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- Continuously variable HF and MF controls (-6 to +6 dB)
- Low-cut filter (flat, 80 Hz, 100 Hz)
- Acoustic Space settings (Flat, -2 dB, -4 dB) compensates for room placement
- RF interference, output-current limiting, over-temperature, and subsonic filter protection
- Power: 110-120V, 50/60 Hz or 220-240V, 50/60 Hz