When professionals need the best, they reach for the best, TASCAM DR100MKIII handheld digital recorder. Designed to meet the needs of the most demanding musicians and engineers, the DR100MKIII combines robust reliability, an updated user interface and studio quality sonic performance to deliver a truly breathtaking audio experience.
TASCAM DR100MKIII Handheld Digital Recorder Features
- Signal-to-noise ratio exceeding 100dB
- AKM AK4558 converters with VELVET SOUND architecture deliver a S/N ratio of 102dB
- Dual mono mode, using independent AK4558 converters for both the left and right channels, provides a S/N ratio of 109dBExternal microphones supported with XLR/TRS inputs and built-in low-noise HDDA mic preamps
- Onboard dual (directional/omnidirectional) stereo microphones with integrated shockmounts deliver flexible recording options while retaining professional quality audio performance
- Supports up to 192kHz/24bit recording
- Dual battery structure allows the built-in high-capacity lithium-ion battery to be used along with 2 AA batteries
- AA batteries may be replaced during operation (when using the lithium-ion battery) delivering hours of uninterrupted recording
- TASCAM’s unique Dual Level recording function allows simultaneous recording of a backup file at a lower gain level
- Dual format recording function allows simultaneous recording of both WAV and MP3 files
- Locking XLR/TRS combo jacks made by Amphenol
- Tough aluminum body to deliver years of reliable use
- High-precision clock featuring a temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO)
- The user interface has been designed to provide clear visual feedback, and includes both a large LCD screen and dedicated status LEDs
- Select hardware switches for quick and positive setting control
Used in a variety of combinations, depending upon the selected function, the DR-100mkIII features dual AKM AK4558 converters with VELVET SOUND architecture, providing both high sound quality and low power consumption, achieving a signal-to-noise ratio of 102dB.
The DR-100mkIII uses two independent AK4558 ADC converters. By eliminating interference between left and right channels, signal-to-noise ratio is maximized and audio fidelity is improved.
In addition, each of those AD converters can work in a Dual ADC mode. The two AD converters work in tandem then combine their results for a 109dB S/N ratio, beating the (already excellent) 102dB S/N ratio achieved when recording in standard mode.
Note: As the S/N ratio when recording exceeds the S/N ratio of the entire circuit, data recorded in dual mono ADC mode will be limited to a 102dB S/N ratio when played back on the DR-100mkIII. This does not affect the S/N ratio of the actual file, which is maintained at 109dB S/N.
The XLR/TRS inputs, used to connect external mics, deliver the highest sound quality and lowest noise of any TASCAM Handheld Digital Recorder. HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps are also included to maintain a pristine audio signal path throughout.