The AKG K 240 MK II is a newly updated version of AKG’s most successful headphones with Varimotion technology and XXL transducers.
The K 240 MK II’s semi-open ear cups have around-the-ear coupling to deliver solid bass, accurate mids and crystal-clear highs. Thanks to its lower impedance and improved sensitivity, it can be used with low-output audio sources to deliver its incredible sound. The detachable OFC cable has gold-plated plugs for optimum audio quality and exceptional ease of service.
AKG K 240 MK II Features
- 2 velour ear pads
- AKG EK 300 flat headphone cable
- AKG EK 500 S Coiled headphone cable
AKG Varimotion Technology
- Professional hi-fi stereo studio headphones
- Semi-open, circumaural design
- Self-adjusting headband for optimum fit
- Patented Varimotion speakers
- Leatherette ear pads and velvet ear pads
- Single-sided, detachable 3 m cable and additional 5 m coiled cable
The basis of superior audio performance
The heart of any headphone is the diaphragm. Made of extremely thin foil, the diaphragm is required by transducer designers to perform incredible, almost artistic feats. The rim of the diaphragm must vibrate elastically while the center portion should move like a piston. AKG achieved just that by designing the Varimotion system.
The sound zone in the center is thicker than the rim and therefore moves like a piston with no partial oscillations. The result is an absolutely realistic sound, with a better sonic perspective and an airier high end. The rim, or movement zone, is thinner and vibrates more easily, providing a powerful, punchy bass range.