Featuring 61 full-size velocity-sensitive keys, the SE61 is a solid and easy-to-use keyboard controller with enhanced workflow. An ideal choice for any composer, the SE61 is powerful yet intuitive control center.
Nektar SE61 61-Key USB MIDI Controller Keyboard Features
- 61 full-size velocity-sensitive keys (synth action)
- 4 velocity curves plus 3 fixed
- 4 buttons (Octave Up/Down, Transpose Up/Down), 1 x 30 mm Fader
- Transpose buttons (assignable to: Transpose, MIDI Channel, Program, Track* or Patch* change)
- Wheels: Pitch Bend and Modulation
- Transport control via secondary button function*
- USB Class Compliant. Works with any DAW or MIDI music software.
- Connections: Footswitch, USB port (USB-powered)
- Weight & Dimensions: 98.5 cm (L) x 19.7 cm (D) x 6.9 cm (H), 3 kgs
*= requires Nektar DAW Integration
The SE61 has been designed for plug & play ease of use and is compatible with any MIDI music software on Mac OS, Windows, iOs (requires optional Apple camera kit) or Linux (with a MIDI extension). Visually, it stands out from the crowd with a rugged, black and red multi-colour housing.
SE61’s core is an expressive synth-action keybed with 61 velocity-sensitive full-size keys, two large pitch and modulation wheels as well as a sustain pedal connector. Four dedicated octave and transpose buttons not only extend the keyboard’s range, but also double up as DAW transport controls (sending out the widely supported standard MMC transport messages). The 30mm fader is pre-assigned to MIDI volume, but is, just like the buttons, also assignable to any other MIDI CC message.
What sets the SE61 apart from other entry-level MIDI controllers is the included custom Nektar DAW Integration for 12 DAWs: It instantly enhances the workflow by providing extended transport control, project navigation and volume control for the selected track. The transpose buttons can now be used to select tracks or browse plugin patches. Nektar DAW Integration turns the SE61 into a powerful – yet intuitive – control center, allowing users to record and perform without always having to reach for the mouse.
The bundled Bitwig 8-Track software license turns the SE61 MIDI controller into a complete and very affordable entry-level solution and gets users going right away with its included content of loops, samples and plugins.