Reason is a powerful collection of virtual instruments, effects and production tools where musical ideas and amazing sounds comes to life.
New in Reason 12
A new look, a new size and new Rack devices for creative sample manipulation, Reason 12 is all about leveling up the creative potential at the heart of your music-making experience. The brand new Mimic Creative Sampler approaches sample manipulation as a musical reimagining of audio samples that can be both inventive and even fun! Bringing together the best audio technologies from Reason Studios’ history of groundbreaking DSP and sample-slicing, Mimic includes automatic transient slice detection which easily chops up a sample into individual notes or drum beats. Time-stretching samples can be done using Reason’s legendary stretch algorithm, along with new granular and tape modes to explore.
High Resolution Graphics and Scalable Window:
- ALL Reason Rack devices are now in glorious high resolution
- Every 3rd party Rack Extension add-on ever made now supports high resolution graphics now
- Reason scales automatically to fit your own monitor’s resolution and pixel density
- Change the zoom level manually to make the Reason window smaller or GIANT to fit your own taste
Mimic Creative Sampler:
- Mimic is Reason’s brand new premium instrument for creative sample manipulation
- Advanced time-stretch and pitch shift algorithms
- Experiment with granular synthesis controls
- Automatic transient slice detection chops up samples for fast sample juggling and flipping
- Onboard filters and effects geared specifically for adding color, grit, and character to your samples
All new Combinator:
Reason’s Combinator has been updated for highly customizable front panel designs
Combine instruments, effects, and modular devices inside the Combinator however you like
- Use the new Editor to design custom front panels with your own layout of knobs, buttons, faders, and graphics
- Combinators can now include other Combinators inside
- Updated Combinator programming features make customized macro controls, and the sounds that enable more advanced, powerful, and inspiring
- Reason’s browser has been updated for instant search results while you type
- Search results categorized, showing devices, presets, samples, folders, etc.
- Search the current folder your in or all locations at once now
Virtual studio rack
At the heart of Reason is a virtual rack where you craft your own sound using Reason’s synthesizers, drum machines, samplers, and other organic instruments – along with a large collection of audio and MIDI effects to shape both your sound and even the notes you play on your keyboard.
The Rack is a musical playground. Drag an instrument device into the Rack and start playing immediately. Add devices underneath your instrument like audio effects and everything is automatically connected and routed together. If you like building custom instrument and effect chains, you’ll love diving deeper into Reason’s Combinator where your custom device creations can be saved, programmed for your own macro controls, and even configured to have your own custom front panel with knobs, faders, and buttons of your own choosing and your own positioning.
If you love experimenting with modular synthesis and open-ended signal routing, then Reason’s Rack has another advanced dimension for you as well – the back of the Rack where devices can be cabled together using audio jacks and modular control voltage cables to modulate signals from device to device. The back of the Rack is a true “if you can dream it, you can build it” canvas to explore. But if you’re a front-of-the-rack type of music maker, you’ll appreciate that Reason devices auto-route while you focus on what truly matters: the music.