A portable dream machine, the SH-4d Synthesizer is a desktop powerhouse with hands-on workflow and deep synthesis tools for designing the sounds of yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Create spontaneous musical moments with 11 OSC Models, a multitimbral pattern sequencer, extensive effects, and plenty of polyphony. And with the loaded panel, dynamic controls, motion recording, and more, you can craft evolving sounds and compositions as fast as the ideas come. Equally suited for studio, stage, and traveling, the SH-4d is an incredibly versatile synth that unleashes inspiration from the moment you power on.
Roland SH4D Desktop Synthesizer Features
- Compact desktop synthesizer with professional sound design tools, intuitive hands-on workflow, and onboard pattern sequencer
- Eleven OSC Models cover everything from vintage analog and classic PCM tones to cutting-edge digital textures
- OSC Models include the new SH-4d native engine, Wavetable, Cross FM, JUNO-106, SH-101, and more
- Four independent synth parts and a dedicated rhythm part with up to 60 voices of total polyphony
- Rhythm part with selectable waveforms, powerful synthesis controls, layering capability, and more for individual sound design per instrument
- Fully loaded direct-access panel with 32 knobs, four sliders, and a massive array of buttons
- Top-level interface workflow reconfigures the LCD and panel controls for the Model or performance mode to eliminate menu diving and creative slowdowns
- Dedicated Filter, Amplifier, and LFO sections with comprehensive controls
- Advanced Matrix for modulating multiple assignable parameters
- Button keyboard with a two-plus octave range for self-contained music creation
- Multitimbral sequencer with 128 patterns, real-time recording, two step-entry modes, and motion recording
- Probability and sub step settings per note for tones and rhythm parts in pattern sequences
- Unique D-Motion and Visual Arpeggio for creating performance effects by physically moving the SH-4d
- Extensive onboard sound processing with MFX for each Tone plus global MFX, reverb, chorus, delay, and more
- USB-C audio/MIDI interface and 5-pin MIDI I/O
- Clock input for synchronizing with modular synths and other Roland gear
- Stereo 1/4-inch audio outputs and headphones jack
- 3.5 mm stereo audio input for mixing other synths such as AIRA Compact and Roland Boutique instruments
- Rugged portable design powered by batteries or USB-C
The SH-4d is a new breed of Roland SH synth that catalyzes creativity at every turn. Work the knobs and move the sliders to conjure tones, textures, and ideas that will keep you energized for hours on end. And with the portable, battery-powered design, you can develop amazing music anytime and anywhere.
All the Models in one box.
Eleven OSC Models put a diverse range of sound-making power at your command, from vintage analog synths and PCM-based sounds to cutting-edge digital tones. There’s a flexible drum synthesizer too, with rich tone-shaping capabilities for creating custom kits from scratch.
Inspired by legendary Roland SH synths, the new SH-4d Model lets you build thick vintage analog-style sounds with up to four different waveforms. Or choose the SH-3d Model, which swaps an extra LFO for the fourth part. There’s also a jammable Chord Model for creating complex chord changes with single notes and simple slider movements.