Once in a while, something great happens. Whether it was hard work or just luck, everything comes together all at once and you end up with something remarkable. This is one of those times. I could go on and on about the sound of the VP549, but in this case you are just going to have to get one as words won’t properly describe the final product.
The Bellari VP549 is a phonograph preamplifier with RIAA EQ. - RIAA equalization is a specification for the recording and playback of phonograph records, established by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
The Bellari VP549 has excellent true sound resolution, no frequencies are omitted. Its tone center is right in the middle of the music. It performs very well on the extremes and never loses its solid performance when things get loud. It never gives you the impression that it has artificially fluffed up the bass or over emphasized the treble. It is well balanced and bold, yet has a very surprising attack that will take your rig to the next level.
- Three selectable cartridge load capacitance options.
- Rumble Filter.
- Control to attenuate level.
- Includes power supply.
Why buy a VP549?
1. Selective Cartridge loading is a feature rarely seen on affordable phono preamps, and it makes a difference.
2. The ability to attenuate output level of the cartridge is a big deal if you need to adjust it and do not have the option to do so.
3. No surface mount (SMT) parts are ever used at Bellari. We use all thru hole components.
4. The VP549 was designed with true phase integrity. The audio signal is not out of phase in our circuit, this is a bigger deal than you might think.
The power supply of the VP549 is in a different league. The VP549 around the power supply in an effort to make it as quiet as possible. You simply will not need to upgrade the power supply of the VP549. Bellari already did that for you.
All Bellari products are hand built in Salt Lake City, Utah by people who care about high quality music.