Everything that you need in a filter unit – and nothing that you don’t – in a compact GUI that gets right down to business.
Get that warm and juicy sound!
All 21 filters produce a stunning analogue sound with huge resolution and free of any aliasing. From singing Comb to a steep 8-pole Lowpass from dirty Diode MS to the gnarly 030. WOW2 offers all the filters you can wish for. And all of them work in Vowel Mode, showing off the wide variety of humanoid sounds.
The extraordinary modulation system multiplies the posibilities to modular level: for instance with modulatable modulators.
The presets are a good place to start. Or try a steep 8-pole LP on a bass and taste that bubbly, smacky sound.
Swing the cutoff between two vowels to create formant-shaping effects on your dry signal. Modulate the cutoff (or the selected vowels themselves...) for distinct chorus and flanger effects. Works best with Comb or Bandpass combined on high resonance settings!
Modulation is Power
There are four sources: an envelope follower with frequency detection, the LFO with 13 waveforms, a 16-step step sequencer and the Wobble Knob (lifted from our Cyclop synth).
Targets and intensity (bi-polar) are assigned in the circular elements at the foot of the modulation section - or you just right click any parameter and assign a source - couldn't be easier.
The Wobble Generator
This is a different beast compared to the other modulators. The central knob controls two things: the shape of the LFO (16 different waveforms) while also changing the speed (12 tempo-synced rates).
The knob can be modulated itself (pick the LFO for a start) and this is what the wobble control is all about: to get that knob moving!
The Distortion Unit
Seven algorithms can be engaged before or after the filter section, which greatly broadens the sonic range. Pick the tube-inspired "Parabolic", the delicately-chiselled "Bit Crusher", a Sine(!) or "Diabolic" from digital hell.
Volume is stable even at high levels, which will save you cumbersome automations when things get rather dynamic.
Sounds & Presets
WOW2 comes with more than 250 presets...just one click away. Randomize for instant inspiration!
Sugar Bytes WOW 2 Features
- 21 Filter Types
- LFO, Env.-Follower, Step Seq. & Wobble
- Non Aliasing
- Distortion with 3 Overdrives & 4 Digital Functions
- Distortion Pre- or Post Filter Units
- Envelope Follower with Frequency Detection
- 9 human vocal Sounds in Vowel Filter
- Dynamic Oversampling across the board
- Designed for best harmonics & audio quality.
- WOW's talkbox lets you pick any two vowels out of a choice of nine.
- The real magic happens when modulation steps in.
- Pushing the Mod Section to extremes.
- Fourfold Oversampling for harmonic Manipulation without Aliasing.
- Everything from subtle filter sweeps to all out modulated chaos.