Capture audio anywhere with the Portacapture X6. The intuitive app-like operations on its large color screen make it easy to record or sweeten up your audio in post. Record using the X6’s dual built-in microphones or plug in your own mics to its 2 XLR inputs. The recording quality on the Portacapture X6 will be your secret weapon. Its 96 kHz/32-bit float recording technology means that you can capture audio softer or louder than ideal, assuring that you will never miss that moment.
TASCAM PORTACAPTURE X6 6 Track PCM Digital Audio Recorder Features
- Intuitive app-like controls, all using the large 2.4-inch touchscreen
- Capture using up to 96 kHz, 32-bit float recording
- Record 6 tracks (4 track + 2 mix) simultaneously
- Easy-to-use recording pre-sets: Select from music, podcast, interviews, field recording and 6-track multi-track
- 2 XLR inputs and dual built-in mics with switchable AB/true-XY patterns
- Phantom power (24V/48V) to support recordings with multiple mic/line inputs
- Undistorted recording processing enables safe recording without lowering the S/N ratio with 32-bit float processing
- 6-in/2-out USB audio interface function
- HDDA (High Delimitation Discrete Amplifier) mic preamps
- Wireless remote control from smartphones/tablets is possible with the optional AK-BT1
- Bluetooth® adapter (sold separately). Time-code sync is also possible via Bluetooth® using
- ATOMOS sync devices such as Blue (V 1.10)
Quickly access your settings and adjustments on the Portacapture X6's large (2.4-inch) color touchscreen. With the easy-to-navigate interface and helpful tools, you are just a few taps from the perfect setting for your needs. Use the Launcher to select from podcast, music, interviews, field recording and 6-track multi-track recording. Start fast, start right and get exactly what you need.
When shooting a video, you want to be able to focus on your video production and not worry about your audio. The Portacapture X6 was built with video production in mind. The workflow, presets and user-saved settings save you countless steps. The X6 has your back with its 96 kHz/32-bit float recording technology. Not only does this mean you will have the highest quality audio, but you will have a dynamic range that allows you to overcome those less-than-ideal realities that can often occur on a shoot. The X6 even gives you a time-code sync option* via Bluetooth® (with optional AK-BT1) allowing you to align your audio with your video, even when you have no audio on your camera. Upgrade your audio and reduce your worries with your own Portacapture X6.
It would be great if every time you need to capture audio, everything is perfect. Not too loud, not too soft. Of course that is not the reality for most of us. Sometimes the voice or sound that you need to capture will be really soft and in other cases it is blasting. Even in these extremes, you are expected to capture the sound and deliver well- finished audio. The 32-bit float point recording technology in the Portacapture X6 gives you a much lower floor and higher ceiling to achieve audio success. You could use another audio recorder and hope not to need this best-in-class recording technology, but should you?
In those cases where you want to put your audio recorder in one place and operate it from another, the X6 has you covered. With the AK-BT1 Bluetooth® adapter (sold separately) and free Portacapture Control app, it's easy to remote control your X6 wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. Imagine the possibilities!