OBX8 Desktop Analog Synthesizer – a compact, state-of-the-art piece of technology with the classic Oberheim tone. This top-tier synthesizer packs all the unique tones and features that Oberheim has become known for into this condensed, easy-to-use package.
The OB-X8 desktop version has everything the keyboard version has with the exception of the 61-note Fatar keybed and the pitch and mod levers, but don't let that stop you from experiencing all the sonic power of the Oberheim OB-X, OB-Xa, and OB-8 in a footprint that's compact enough for studios of any size, and convenient enough to take out on the road!
OB-X8 Desktop Synth Hardware:
- 8-voice pure-analog polyphony
- Two discrete OB-X/SEM-lineage VCOs per voice deliver classic punchy Oberheim tone
- Discrete SEM-lineage VCFs deliver authentic OB-X-style tone and presence
- Genuine Curtis filters add bold OB-Xa/OB-8 character
- Meticulously modeled envelope responses match each OB model:</b> OB-X, Ob-Xa, and OB-8
- Bi-timbral capability allows two presets simultaneously for splits and doubles
- 400-plus factory programs, including the full set of factory sounds for the OB-X, OB-SX, Ob-Xa, and OB-8
- Integral fan-less, heatsink-free power supply
- Real walnut end cheeks
- High-resolution OLED display enables patch management and easy access to advanced features
Think Small, Play Big
The OB-X8 desktop module boasts an identical sound engine to the keyboard version, featuring an all-analog signal path with discrete VCOs, VCAs, and filters. And with its knob-per-function sound designing experience, you'll have immediate access to virtually all the synth's parameters, allowing you to create your own unique sounds with ease and precision.
The audio signal path of the OB-X8 is all analog, filled with warmth and punch. It’s the same trademark Oberheim sound that made iconic tracks like 1999 by Prince, Jump by Van Halen, and Tom Sawyer by Rush so unforgettable. And now it’s yours to enhance your own music.
All New Sounds
The classic OB-series factory sounds that you know from countless recordings are all here. But that’s just the start: our network of world-class sound designers has created jaw-dropping new sounds just for the OB-X8. And because the OB-X8 has a clear and easy-to-grasp set of controls, creating your own sounds is as easy as turning a few knobs and saving what you like.
OB-X8 Desktop Synth Enhancements:
- Additional SEM filter modes add high-pass, band-pass, and notch functions to the classic OB-X filter
- Vintage knob allows variable amounts of voice-to-voice variability to emulate the behavior of vintage instruments
- Velocity response adds expressiveness to volume and filter
- Channel Aftertouch response adds real-time performance-based modulation
- Enhanced unison allows variable voice stacking from 1-8 voices
- Programmable per-voice pan allows wider stereo presence
- Variable oscillator and noise levels
- Variable triangle wave cross-modulation
- Over 600 user-programmable preset locations
Three In One
The OB-X8 combines the three different voice architectures of the OB-X, OB-Xa, and OB-8 into a single instrument. The individual filter types and other unique characteristics of each model have been faithfully reproduced, giving you the most authentic OB experience possible. You can even mix elements of different models to create sounds never possible with the originals. There’s never been an OB-series synth as powerful and versatile.
OB insiders know that the myriad of “Page 2? functions unlocked the hidden power of the original OB-8. We’ve included all of the classic Page 2 parameters and created new ones for 2022, giving you direct access to 40+ nuanced controls such as additional SEM filter modes, per-voice panning, LFO keyboard tracking, Mod delay time and envelope inversion, independent pulse width control, and much more.
The OB-X8 Desktop Synth Ins & Outs:
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- L/R Stereo and Mono outputs
- Volume, Sustain, and Filter pedal inputs
- Arpeggiator clock input
- MIDI In, Out, Thru
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.