The Rode Wireless GO II, the next generation of wireless audio, is the perfect microphone for a wide range of content creation applications. Wireless GO II is an extremely versatile and ultra-compact dual channel wireless microphone system consisting of a single receiver and two transmitters. Featuring a high-quality microphone built into each transmitter for completely wireless operation, flexible outputs for connecting to cameras, computers and smartphones, extended transmission range and much more.
RØDE Central; Companion App for Wireless GO II
RØDE Central v1.3 introduces several new features that significantly improve the user experience when accessing and exporting on-board recordings. Rode has upgraded the software to deliver a more streamlined workflow for users, with better file management, improved recording navigation and new export options.
New features include:
- Batch export – multiple recording files can now be exported simultaneously.
- Exporting selections – sections of recordings can now be exported individually via manual selection, rather than users having to export the entire file.
- Marker indexing – user markers that have been manually dropped in a recording are now indexed in a drop-down menu, making specific sections of a recording easy to access and export.
- Colour-coded markers – to make it easier to differentiate between dropout markers and user markers in a recording file, these are now colour-coded red and green.
- Dropout regions – if several dropouts occur within 10 seconds of each other, these will now be displayed as a “dropout region” rather than there being multiple dropout markers clumped together. This can then be exported as an individual section.
- ‘Jump-to Marker’ button – a ‘Jump-to Marker’ button has been added, which makes it even easier to locate and export dropouts, dropout regions and user markers.
- Naming recordings – the names of recordings can now be manually edited in RØDE Central.
- Improved recording navigation – a mini-nav bar has been added to the top of each recording, which allows users to quickly jump to a region rather than having to scrub through the whole file. A zoom function has also been added to the main recording waveform. Both of these features are particularly handy for navigating through longer recordings.
Upon downloading the new RØDE Central software users will be prompted to update the firmware on their Wireless GO II to make it compatible with the new features.