Akai Professional and Abelton worked in a joint partnership to make the APC40 the perfect Ableton Live control surface. Whether you are an electronic-music performance artist and Live is your canvass, a DJ using Live to mix tracks, or a traditional musician using Live on stage or in the studio, the APC40 is designed for intuitive, powerful control.
Akai APC40 Abelton Perfomance Controller Features
- Designed in partnership with Ableton
- Unique clip matrix with multicolor lighting displays current clip status
- No mapping required for use with Ableton Live
- Exclusive bidirectional communication between the APC40 and Ableton Live
- Professional feel with rugged, metal chassis and premium controls
- Comes with Ableton Live Akai Professional APC Edition, free upgrade patch for full versions of Live
- USB plug-and-play connection for Mac and PC
- Premium controller with rugged, metal chassis
Because Akai Professional and Ableton designed the APC40 for Live, you don't need to map its controls to talk to the software. Just connect your laptop to the APC40 with its USB cable and you're ready to make magic. The APC40 is class compliant, so you don't even need to install drivers. And if you're an advanced Live user, the APC40 gives you the ability to remap every one of its controls to suit your own style.