Gibson Memphis started from scratch to reproduce one of the most iconic guitars of all time, the ES335. The Gibson Memphis 50th Anniversary 1963 ES335 Electric Guitar is a reissue that celebrates 50 years of the beloved ’63 model. Gibson Memphis thoroughly studied original 1963 ES335’s to get all the specs, finish, build, materials, feel and tone just right. The end result is nothing short of amazing!
Gibson Memphis started by getting a perfect condition, original ’63, digitized the shape and had a new press made to could replicate arguably the most important feature of this guitar, the slender horns. These new accurate sides are glued to a lightweight maple centerblock with an original style ‘window’ re-designed just for the 50th Anniversary 1963 ES-335 reissue.
Gibson Memphis 50th Anniversary 1963 ES335 Features
- Historically color correct binding developed after studying many vintage guitars
- Neck with its amazing comfortable shape with the small round heel and a perfect blend of the full size late 50’s and thin tapered 1961
- CTS potentiometers coupled with Black Beauty capacitors and Burst Bucker 1 and 2 pickups
- VOS finish are remarkably accurate to the originals
- Historically accurate black hard case with vintage low knap yellow liner