Roots guitarist, ‘Captain’ Kirk Douglas, is a long time Gibson enthusiast. This Limited Edition Gibson Custom Captain Kirk Douglas SG is a credit to their long relationship. Featuring a trio of ’57 Classic humbuckers outfitted with push-pull tone pots for single coil tones and additional dialing in of the middle pickup with a stealth blender ring in the TogPot selector switch. The long gold ‘Lyre’ tailpiece adds to this guitar’s vintage aesthetic and features ‘Captain’ and dual rose engraving.
Gibson Custom Limited Edition Captain Kirk Douglas SG Specifications
- Three 57 Classic Humbuckers
- Solid Grade A Mahogany Body
- Slim, Super-Fast Mahogany Neck
- Bound Grade-A Rosewood Fingerboard
- Coil Tap-able bridge and neck pickups for single coil tones
- Tog Pot Selector Switch with Blend Ring for adding the right amount of middle pickup
- Vibrola tailpiece with stunning 'Lyre' cover
- Includes Gibson Hardshell case stenciled with Kirk’s Signature
Body and Neck
The Kirk Douglas SG is made from solid Grade-A mahogany in the iconic double-horned style of the original ’60s SG. Its thin dimensions and beveled edges are key ingredients in its legendary playing comfort, as is its slim, super-fast mahogany neck, with depths of 0.800 inch at the 1st fret and 0.900 inch at the 12th. Its Grade-A rosewood fingerboard carries stunning acrylic pearloid block markers, and is topped with a large Custom headstock with multi-ply binding and split-diamond inlay.