The Gibson Memphis Chris Cornell ES335 Electric Guitar displays unique, top-tier appointments specified by Chris, all culminating in one of the most rocking ES335’s ever created! Chris has been a remarkable singer, musician and song writer since the mid 80’s and his signature ES335 captures his unique style in stunning fashion. The legendary ES335 semi-hollow body is loaded with a pair of Jason Lollar Lollartron pickups, for that fat-but-jangly late ’50s to early ’60s humbucker-fired twang. Cornell fans, collectors and guitarists looking for something different are sure to fall in love with the Chris Cornell ES-335 from Gibson Memphis!
Gibson Memphis Chris Cornell ES335 Electric Guitar Features
- Semi-hollow ES335 body made from laminated maple with bound top
- Rosewood fingerboard with pearloid dot inlays
- Pair of Lollartron Humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge positions
- Nickel-plated ABR bridge with Bigsby vibrato (Olive Drab Green only) or stopbar tailpiece
- Grover Rotomatic tuners with 14:1 tuning ratio
- Hand numbered, limited edition run
Body and Neck
Designed in the image of the original dot neck 335s of the late 1950s, the Chris Cornell signature ES335 features a semi-hollow body made from laminated maple with a bound top and back and a solid maple center block. This results in the perfect marriage of traditional archtop’s looks and sonic depth, and the solidbody’s sustain and resistance to feedback. The neck is made from solid mahogany, and topped with a bound fingerboard made from hand-selected rosewood, inlaid with simple pearloid dot position markers, while the headstock carries a mother-of-pearl Gibson logo and crown inlay.