Groundbreaking features, the Roland GR55 guitar synthesizer ushers in a new era of sound, power, and performance. In terms of speed, it's the fastest ever. Plus the GR55 is the most accurate, thanks to newly developed pitch-detection technology. As for sound, the triple-core generator houses a world-class array of virtual guitars, basses, amps, and synth voices, enabling tones and textures that have never been heard before. Onstage or in the studio, you can instantly access the GR55's huge library of ready-to-use sounds, from pop to rock and beyond, with quick-access category buttons.
Roland GR55 Guitar Synthesizer Features
- A revolutionary fusion of guitar synthesis and powerful COSM guitar modeling
- Up to four sound sources at a time: two PCM synth tones, plus COSM guitar modeling and normal guitar input
- Easy to use and easy to play with hundreds of great, ready-to-use sounds for rock or pop guitarists
- Advanced Roland technology provides superb sound quality and lightning-fast processing
- Over 900 of Roland's latest fully editable PCM sounds, including pianos, organs, strings, vintage synths, and much more
- COSM guitar and amp modeling
- Two types of multi-effects engines, plus global reverb, chorus, and delay effects, and an onboard looper
- GR55 is a MIDI controller that connects to other instruments and software
- Built-in USB audio player with foot control
- Available with or without GK3 Divided Pickup
New Sound Possibilities
The GR55's powerful triple-core engine comprises two PCM synthesizers (with over 900 tones each powered by the latest Roland synthesis technology) and COSM guitar modeling, featuring a virtual treasure trove of guitar, bass, amp, and synth models. Together, these combined technologies allow you to create unique, revolutionary sounds. The Metal Synth Lead preset, for example, combines two types of thick, brilliant synth textures with an overdriven solid-body/humbucking tone for incredible punch and power.