The Universal Audio 6176 Channel Strip, for the first time, combines Universal Audio's highly acclaimed 610 tube microphone preamp with their legendary 1176LN compressor to create the ultimate single channel signal path for everything from vocals to vibraphones.
Universal Audio 6176 Features:
- Classic Sound of the Legendary 610 Modular Console
- Variable Input Gain and Output Levels
- Ultra Quiet Operation
- Mic, Balanced Line, and Hi-Z Inputs
- Multiple Impedance Settings
- Classic EQ
- Classic 1176LN Compression
- Stereo Interconnection via 1176-SA
- Use Mic Pre & Compressor Seperately (Split) or in Series (Join)
610B Mic Pre
The 2-610 microphone and instrument preamplifier has received praise from many corners. Michael Cooper, in his review for Mix Magazine, called it hands-down, the most dimensional mic preamp I've ever heard. Peter Wade, engineer/producer who has worked with acts ranging from Wyclef Jean to Jennifer Lopez, said simply, This box rocks. The 6176 mic preamp sections maintains the quality and character of the 2-610 while adding high-tension power regulation for improved bass response and a front-panel 15db pad switch.