Furman SPB8C Stereo Pedalboard Power Conditioner; Power for your Pedals! Protection for the Road!
Often imitated, the original Furman SPB8 was the first stereo pedal board on the market. Now Furman is proud to offer its successor, the SPB8C, Featuring a hardshell case, more outlets, improved jacks and a streamlined look. The SPB8C improves on the innovative design that made the original pedal board so popular.
The SPB8C pedal board features a heavy duty metal construction that will handle the most forceful stomps you can offer, as well as stand up to the rigors of the road. At the heart of the SPB8C pedal board is a light yet rugged polycarbonate platform in combination with an extruded aluminum chassis and an ample 13.75 x 26.75-inch Velcro sheet. This durable construction ensures secure, non-slip performance of your effects boxes and pedals.
Furman SPB8C Features
- Solid, non-slip base with room for many stompbox/effects pedals
- Pedal effects attach securely to 13.75 x 26.75-inch Velcro pad
- Stereo effects return, effects loop, and amplifier outputs
- Eight individually isolated, regulated and protected 9VDC outlets
- Four widely spaced 120 VAC, 15A outlets with room for wall warts
- Signal & power jacks are insulated and isolated, eliminating noisy ground loops
- Furman’s Spike/surge suppression and EMI/RFI filtering assures clean power
- Toroidal transformer for ultra low-noise performance
- Rugged construction to withstand years of on-stage use and abuse
- Extra long (10-foot) removable AC cord
The SPB8C’s stereo patch bay contains 8 quarter-inch switching phone jacks featuring sturdy metal bushings, connected in two stereo loops. This allows a single guitar or instrument input to feed multiple mono and stereo effects boxes, send and return from remote effects, and feed up to two amplifiers simultaneously. From modest to highly complex patching demands, the SPB8C allows nearly unlimited set-up flexibility.
Powering your pedals, amps and other gear, the SPB-8C offers two levels of surge and short circuit protection, as well as Furman’s standard level of RFI/EMI filtering. Furman’s SPB8C is quiet, powering DC pedals without hum, due to the high quality toroid transformer employed. Each DC output is rated at 120 mA, as well as being individually protected against shorts, guaranteeing that if one pedal goes out, the rest will continue to function. Further, these DC outputs are individually isolated, eliminating noisy ground loops. The SPB8C also includes four AC outlets, spaced widely enough to accommodate bulky wall wart
Hard Case Features
- Durable hardshell case built to withstand road travel and gigging
- Retractable, luggage style handle slides into lid of case
- Inline skate wheels
- Heavy-duty latches
- Fits over cabling; Leave everything patched together as you like it!