- Manufacturer Info
- Also Purchased
- Video & Docs
The Line 6 POD X3 Live will inspire and amaze you with the most complete collection of POD-quality guitar amp and effect models ever.
This arsenal of rare vintage treasures, modern boutiques, and perennial classics offers nearly unlimited creative possibilities. Built with working musicians in mind, POD X3 was designed to fit right in wherever you play, whether that’s on stage in front of thousands of screaming fans or in the studio steadily churning out hits.
For those in search of greater tonal possibilities, POD X3 Live gives you more power than ever before to create entirely new sounds. Split your guitar signal and play it through two guitar amp and effect signal chains at once. Use the built-in expression pedal to smoothly change the blend between the two tones, or use it for wah or volume. Add bass or vocals using the bass amp and high-end mic preamp models now included in POD X3 Live. You can even plug in two instruments at once, each with its own independent tone processing.
Whether you choose to recreate the sounds of the past or turn tradition on its ear, POD X3 Live comes fully-loaded with the most inspiring collection of POD-quality amps and effects for your live performances, studio recordings, and everywhere in between.
|Most powerful POD EVER!
Line 6 POD X3 Features and Benefits
POD X3 Live offers a whole new level of control over your guitar tone.
- Plug straight into any one of the 78 ear-shattering guitar amp models for pure, unadulterated guitar tone.
- Combine amp and cab models with the mouth-watering collection of 98 stompbox and studio effect models to build out your rig.
- Take your sound to the next level by blasting your guitar through two guitar rigs at once to create a massive wall of sound that even guitar heroes of the past would respect.
- Or plug POD X3 Live in front of your favorite stack or combo to pile on up to nine simultaneous effects, including vintage overdrive, scorching distortion, beefy fuzz, vibey delay, lush reverb, ethereal chorus, irreverent flanger, wah-wah to name just a handful.
Whether miking up an acoustic or plugging in an acoustic-electric guitar, POD X3 Live will showcase the natural warmth and beauty of your instrument.
- Warm up your acoustics with the high-end tube mic preamp and compressor models to bring out the natural tone of your acoustic six or twelve string.
- Apply a touch of color with a full palette of reverbs, choruses, delays, EQs, and other essential effects.
Whether you seek stadium rock, a Motown groove, or modern grind, look no further than POD X3 Live.
- Dial in classic bass tone using the 28 incredible bass amp and 22 bass cab models.
- Bring a direct sound to life by using the modeled mic preamps and high-end compressors instead of traditional bass amps and cabs.
- Add a combination of the 98 stompbox or studio effects to tweak your bass tone to perfection for practice, performance, or recording.
POD X3 Live includes an XLR input for your microphone and an amazing set of effects for your vocals.
- Six studio-grade vintage and modern microphone preamp models are included capture the natural warmth and richness of your vocals.
- Smooth out your sound with studio grade compressors, EQ's, gates and de-essers.
- The comprehensive collection of studio-quality post effect models at your disposal include rich reverbs, vibey delays, lush choruses and more.
POD X3 Live is the ultimate sonic toolbox for the creative songwriter.
- With its massive set of models for guitar, bass, and vocals, POD X3 Live will elevate your creative sketches to polished works of art.
- When inspiration strikes, record your guitar and vocals all at the same time to capture the magic of the first take.
The POD X3 Live includes all of the inputs and outputs you need to practice, perform and record.
Use the 1/4 inch instrument input for guitar or bass and the XLR microphone input for vocals and more. During practice, use the stereo headphones output to keep the noise down. For performances, plug in front of your amp or directly into the P.A. Use the stereo effect loop to add in your favorite stompboxes and other effects as well. When you connect a Line 6 Variax® guitar via the Variax input on your POD X3 Live, you can instantly recall POD X3 Live’s amp, cab, and effect model settings matched with the perfect electric or acoustic guitar model—all by stepping on a single footswitch. When you’re ready to record, use the stereo balanced line outputs or digital S/PDIF output for traditional recording. Or use the new USB 2.0 connection for pro-level multi-channel computer recording.
POD X3 Live fits right in with whatever computer recording solution you use.
- With USB 2.0, POD X3 Live can send processed and unprocessed signals to your recording software, so you can always change your tone and fix it in the mix.
- POD X3 Live can record 2 fully-processed instruments at once.
- Split your guitar signal and record each virtual rig on separate stereo tracks to create rich, layered sounds.
- With on-board, real-time processing, POD X3 Live takes the load off of your computer and eliminates annoying latency.
- Use the S/PDIF digital output to plug into ProTools systems and other pro-level audio interfaces to add legendary POD tone to your recordings.
Play in front of an amp
Use POD X3 Live as the ultimate pedal board with your favorite combo or stack.
- With 98 stompbox and studio effect models, you have more freedom over your tone than even the largest, heaviest pedal board could ever offer.
- Stomp: Fuzz, Distortion, Overdrive, and more.
- Mod: Chorus, Flanger, Tremolo, Rotary, Phaser, , and more.
- Delay: More than one of each type of delay: Analog, Digital, Tape and a mix of specialty echoes you won’t find anywhere else.
- Reverb: More than one of each type of reverb: Room, Hall, Chamber, Plate and Spring models.
- Miscellaneous: Compressors, Gate, 4 Band Semi-Parametric EQ, Synth and Filters, Wah and many more.
- Use up to 9 effects simultaneously to build the sound you’re looking for.
- Create rich blends of two entirely different effect chains to create a screaming wall of sound.
Plug into the PA
Plug POD X3 Live directly into the PA system for bullet-proof live sound that rocks.
- Leave your back-breaking mountain of gear at home, and make set up and tear down easier than ever.
- Take the guess work out of getting a great live sound every time.
- Use the XLR outputs to plug directly into the mixing board without a direct box.
Line 6 POD X3 Live Specifications
Inputs and Outputs
- 1/4 Inch Instrument Input (w/ Normal/Pad Switch)
- XLR Microphone Input (w/ Trim Adjust)
- USB 2.0 for Computer Recording & Tone Editing
- S/PDIF Stereo Digital Audio Output
- Stereo 1/4 Inch Line Outputs (with Amp/Line Pad Switch)
- Stereo XLR Balanced Line Outputs
- 1/4 Inch Stereo Effect Loop
- Variax Digital Connector
- 1/4 Inch Expression Pedal Input
- Midi In & Out/Thru
- 1/4 Inch Stereo Headphones Out
- FBV Connector for optional Pedal Controller
- 1/8 Inch Stereo (CD/MP3) Jam Along Input
- Expansive Backlit LCD Display
- 8 Chrome Amp Control Knobs: Drive, Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence, Reverb, Tone Volume, Master Volume
- 5 Metal Stompbox On/Off Footswitches: Amp, Stomp, Mod, Delay, Comp/Boost
- Built-in Heavy-Duty Wah/Volume/Expression Pedal
- Metal Tap Tempo/Tuner Footswitch
- Dedicated Bank Up/Down & A/B/C/D Metal Footswitches for Preset Selection
- Dedicated Dual Tone Control Metal Footswitch
- 5 Context-Sensitive Parameter Edit Knobs
- Dedicated Input/Output Configuration Buttons
- Ground Lift Switch
Amp, Cab & Effect Models
- Massive model set for Guitar, Bass & Vocals
- 78 Guitar Amp Models
- 24 Guitar Cab Models
- 98 Stompbox and Studio Effects
- 28 Bass Amp Models
- 22 Bass Cab Models
- 6 Vocal Preamp Models
- A.I.R. II cab/mic modeling with 4 mic options each
Additional Features and Benefits
- Rugged, stage-ready design with premium metal footswitches
- Send Guitar through 2 Complete Amp/Effect Signal Chains Simultaneously
- Independent Tone Processing for 1/4 Inch and XLR Inputs
- 2 Chrome Handlebars
- USB 2.0 Multi-Channel Digital Computer Recording (Stereo Wet/Dry Per Input)
- Studio-quality 24-bit A/D and D/A Converters and 32-bit floating point processing
- Up to 9 Simultaneous Effects Per Signal Chain, with Pre & Post Amp Routing
- Tap Tempo Control for Time-Based Effects
- Precision Chromatic Tuner, with Audio Mute & Bypass Options
- USB 2.0 Cable Included
- External Power Adapter Included
Minimum Item Quantity 1 is required to purchase.
Item Quantity exceeds the limit 0 . Questions? Feel free to Call or Chat.
Curtybob from Jackson, MO, USA, email@example.com
|Would you consider this product to be made well? How dependable?
|How has it stood up over time?
|this iteration is alot better than the old ones, with the plastic pedals and whatnot. No squeaking issues from the volume/wah pedal like with my old XT Live.
|Your general opinion of this product.
|This is a very handy and very good sounding piece of equipment.
|Playability and Feel
|How does it feel, Heavy, Fast, Chunky? How was the neck? Are the controls easy to get to while playing?
|Bright and snappy? Dark and smooth? Were the pickups hot, mellow, thick, thin?
|If you can hear a tone in your head, you can have it with this... to a certain extent. Keep in mind that this is a digital rendition of what the engineers thought real amps sounded like. There are very subtle nuances that are not there in the digital versions... but to be honest, 99.99% of us won't miss those little bits of sound.
|How did the stain or paint job look?
|awesome finish. Good looking unit.
|How was the action out of the box?