M Audio Fast Track Pro USB Audio Interface
The M Audio Fast Track Pro delivers all the mobile recording flexibility of the Fast Track USB, plus even more professional features.
You get 2 front-panel mic/line inputs complete with phantom power for condenser microphones, inserts for outboard effects, balanced and unbalanced analog outputs, S/PDIF digital I/O, MIDI I/O, and more. Fast Track Pro also features near zero latency direct hardware monitoring and low-latency ASIO software monitoring, plus an A/B source switch and dual output pairs for DJ-style cueing. Fast Track Pro is compatible with most popular PC and Mac music software. USB connection and bus power along with class-compliancy for Mac OS X make it a breeze to set up.
M Audio Fast Track Pro Features
Professional Recording—Anywhere, Anytime
- 4 x 4 24-bit/44.1kHz audio interface
- 2 front panel mic/instrument preamp inputs (Neutrik XLR/ 1/4-inch TRS) with:
- Gain controls
- Signal/peak lights
- Pads for each input
- Insert jack (1/4-inch TRS) for outboard processors
- 2 balanced outputs (1/4-inch TRS)
- 4 unbalanced outputs (RCA)
- SPDIF digital I/O with 2-channel PCM
- SPDIF out also supports pass-through of AC-3/DTS surround-encoded content
- 1 x 1 MIDI I/O with activity LEDs
- Headphone output (1/4-inch TRS) with level control > headphone A/B source switch for DJ-style cueing
- Input/playback mix control for hardware direct monitoring
- Mono switch for input/playback direct monitoring
- Master output level control
- Near zero-latency hardware direct monitoring Low-latency ASIO software monitoring
- USB connection to computer
- Powered via USB or optional AC power adapter
- Kensington lock port
- Bundled with Pro Tools SE software for all your recording needs
- Mac and PC compatible; class compliant with Mac OS X 10.3.9 and higher
Fast Track Pro is designed to let you record with professional results whenever and wherever you want. A single USB connection gives you access to all the I/O you need for microphones and instruments like guitars, as well as MIDI- and S/PDIF-equipped digital audio gear. The microphone inputs are even phantom powered to accommodate the studio-quality condenser microphones like the M-Audio Luna and Solaris. Our time-tested driver software gives you total routing control over the 4 x 4 I/O—including setting up an effects loop with external devices.
One of the hallmarks of a great audio interface is its monitoring flexibility - and Fast Track Pro delivers. Fast Track Pro features a powerful headphone amp with volume control. Hardware direct monitoring eliminates the latency or delay inherent in even the best internal circuitry while listening to your input and existing tracks. You can also listen to your input complete with effects while recording by using extremely the low-latency ASIO monitoring we’ve perfected over the years. Two pairs of analog outputs let you connect to a DJ mixer and use the front-panel A/B source switch to audition cues.
Bundled Pro Tools SE Software
Pro Tools SE music recording and creation software delivers many of the same powerful features that studio professionals use to create Grammy award-winning albums, Emmy award-winning television shows, and Academy Award-winning films. This easy-to-use software lets you create pro-sounding music with up to 24 audio and virtual instrument tracks. It also includes over 100 virtual instruments to build out your mixes, plus EQ, reverb, and other effects to make your music sound professionally produced.