The AD50VT2-XL is part of the VOX Valvetronix XL line. This exciting new series of tube-powered modelling amplifiers deliver the power and punch that modern rock players require. These amps feature a selection of hi-gain sounds that span the entire range of heavy rock music.
Features of the AD50VT2-XL include:
Sophisticated modelling technology is used to provide eleven different amps, including classic vintage amps of the past, costly, modern high-end amps and high-gain hybrids, all accessible at the turn of a knob. These new models include:
- Glass- modeled on the Clean channel of a collectable 100-Watt head named the Overdrive Special;
- Funked- modeled on a classic American black-faced 2x12 combo;
- Buzzsaw- inspired by the British-made 50-Watt head that created the sounds of ‘70s hard rock and metal;
- Crunched- based on a very rare modded VOX AC30/6TBX Top Boost combo, adding new hot-rodded gain levels and EQ;
- Thrashed- modelled on a 1983, all tube, single channel, master volume 100-Watt head;
- Raged- based on the high gain channel of a modern, all-tube 100 Watter, with boosted bass and mid frequencies and even more gain;
- Modern- a still higher gain modification to the “Modern High Gain” channel, with scooped EQ;
- Fluid- the UK Modern setting with maximum gain and mid-range EQ, modified to emphasize a vocal-like tone for legato-style playing;
- Molten- based on VOX’s US Hi-Gain model but capable of even more powerful, heavily saturated sounds, with an Octave effect mixed into the preset;
- Black- a version of the UK Modern mutated to Class A, rather than Class AB;
- Damaged- rooted in VOX’s US Hi-Gain model with more gain and a completely re-voiced and modified EQ to be thicker and darker.
Eleven high-quality effects are built in, including compressor, delay, reverb, compressor & chorus, compressor & phaser, chorus & delay, chorus & reverb, flanger & reverb, tremolo & reverb, and rotary & reverb, plus Noise Reduction. New for the XL series is an Octave effect for massive lead tones. Effect parameters are fully adjustable and a Tap button makes it easy to set your delay time or modulation speed.
Store your favourite amp and effect settings as a program, containing two different settings (CH1 and CH2). Switch between these settings from the top panel, or by using the optional VFS2 foot switch connected to the rear panel. In addition, there is a preset program for each amp type.
In Manual mode the sound you hear reflects the physical settings of the knobs.
You’re in control. Connect an optional VFS2 dual foot switch (sold separately) to switch programs or bypass effects. A power level control (not available on AD15VT-XL) adjusts the output wattage of the power amp. This means that even when the master volume is turned up all the way to drive the Valve Reactor power amp, you can adjust the volume without losing any tone.