The Behringer U Control UCA202 USB Audio Interface is a quick and easy upgrade to your sound
Looking for a simple, affordable way to get your music into the digital realm? Or maybe you’d like to connect your computer to an external effects unit or recorder? Want to transfer your old cassette tapes to CD? The fastest, easiest way to get analog audio into your computer is with the U-CONTROL UCA202 Audio Interface.
PC and Mac Ready
This ultra-compact, USB-powered device lets you connect your PC or Mac computer to virtually any piece of audio gear. And the UCA202 requires no special setup or drivers—just plug it in to a free USB port and get busy. Requires Windows XP or 2000 and Mac OS9.0.4 or higher, 10.x or higher.
The UCA202 provides two analog mono inputs and outputs (for monitoring), USB connectivity and an additional S/PDIF optical output for direct analog-to-digital conversion. The stereo headphone output features a dedicated level control and lets you listen to both the input and output.
Imagine the possibilities…
When used as a professional interface between a mixing console and your computer, myriad options become available. Some of these might include connecting the UCA202 RCA outputs: to the TAPE INPUT jacks of your mixer; to powered monitors or to the input channels on the mixer. Connecting to the mixer input channels allows you to use the Aux Send feature of your mixer to build an extremely versatile monitor mix for recording sessions. These are just a few of the possibilities; let us know how you use your UCA202.
Tons of free software
To truly get the most out of your UAC202, you will need recording and editing software. So, we decided to give you lots of free software to choose from.
KRISTAL Audio Engine
is a powerful multi-track recorder, audio sequencer and mixer - ideal for anyone getting started with recording, mixing and mastering digital audio. Kristal’s main features include:
- Mixing console
- Audio sequencer
- 16 audio tracks
- 32-bit floating point audio engine
- Sample rates from 44.1 to 192 kHz
- 3-band parametric EQ
- 2 VST insert slots per channel
- 3 VST master effect slots
- ASIO low-latency audio driver support
is an easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux operating systems. With Audacity you can:
- Record live audio
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs
- Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together
- Change the speed or pitch of a recording
- And much more…
- Both of these programs can be downloaded free of charge
If you’re ready to take your projects to an even higher level, XT Software’s EnergyXT2 is just the trick. This amazing DAW (digital audio workstation) makes it easy to manipulate your audio and MIDI files, turning song ideas into stunning CD or web-ready recordings. EnergyXT2 includes built-in synthesizers, which can be accessed directly via an external controller or programmed by step-write mode. There’s even a built-in drum machine and internal multi-FX processor.
For a fraction of the cost of an over-priced USB audio interface from those other guys, you can have state-of-the-art digital conversion, world-class recording and editing software and hassle-free connectivity between your PC or Mac Computer and any piece of audio equipment.
Bridging the gap between your music and the rest of the world—the BEHRINGER
- Ultra-flexible USB audio interface that connects your instruments, mixer, etc. with your computer for recording and playback
- High-resolution 48 kHz A/D and D/A converters for high-end audio quality
- Works with your PC or Mac computer – no setup or drivers required.
- XT Software energyXT2 Compact BEHRINGER Edition available as free download from www.behringer.com
- Free Kristal recording software and Audacity editing software downloadable at www.behringer.com
- Stereo headphone output with dedicated level control lets you monitor both input and output
- Additional S/PDIF optical output for direct digital conversion
- Powered via USB bus – no external power supply needed
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life