The SG is one of Gibson’s most popular instruments, and given Gibson’s long and storied history, that’s really saying something. Since its inauspicious start in 1961 as a temporary replacement for the Les Paul, the SG has become a favorite of many iconic guitarists. Angus Young, Tony Iommi, Pete Townsend, Frank Zappa, and Derek Trucks have all chosen the SG to convey their artistry at some point in their careers (many exclusively), and it’s even the source of Eric Clapton’s legendary “Woman Tone” from his Cream era.
Gibson’s SG flagship, the Standard, is now available in a truly stunning Pelham Blue! This is a Limited Edition Exclusive Run available from American Musical Supply! Take advantage of the opportunity to own this classic instrument in a beautiful, unique finish.
Gibson 2017 SG Standard T Electric Guitar Features
- Limited Edition Exclusive Run Pelham Blue finish available at American Musical Supply!
- Aluminum Tune-o-Matic bridge with steel thumbweels
- Aluminum Stop Bar with steel post
- Pickups perfectly matched to the spirit of their historic models and classic Gibson controls
- Rolled binding over the frets
- Polished 0.55 frets on top of our original 1.695” neck width and original Gibson Les Paul heel
- Hand-selected and book matched solid maple top with historic flame grades
- Historic plastics, knobs, hardware, truss rod cover and acrylic inlays
- Historic Switchcraft toggle switch and multi-contact gold-plated jack
The instantly recognizable and often-copied asymmetrical double-horned body provides complete access to the upper frets. The sleek and lightweight body is constructed of mahogany with a hand-selected, book-matched solid maple top and is coated in hi-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer. The small teardrop pickguard is a very nice throwback to the early '60s SG Standard.
Slim-taper Neck Profile
Known for easy playability, this super-fast neck joins the body at the 21st fret, providing effortless upper-fret access. The scale length measures 24.75" and the thicker rosewood fingerboard comes adorned with white acrylic trapezoid inlays and beautiful rolled white binding. The headstock is angled at 17 degrees and features mother-of-pearl ‘Gibson’ and holly (crown) inlays.
Powered by a Classic ’57 humbucker in the neck position and a ’57+ at the bridge, you’ll experience tone reminiscent of the revered PAF era pickups. Under the chrome covers you’ll find Alnico II magnets for authentic vintage ‘color’. Pickups are selected via a Switchcraft toggle switch leading to a multi-contact gold-plated output jack.
From the chrome-covered aluminum stop tailpiece and classic Tune-o-matic bridge, to the 14:01 ratio locking Grover “kidney button” tuners, The SG Standard’s hardware provides timeless style with tried-and-true performance and durability.
The 2017 LE Exclusive SG Standard ships complete with a classic Gibson hard shell case. Inside you’ll find a premium leather strap, a Gibson multi-tool, and a polishing cloth.