The Yamaha YPG535 88 Key Portable Keyboard gives to the sound and feel of a grand piano in a portable package at an affordable price.
The YPG535 offers a graded soft touch action that everyone from the beginner to the professional will love. The YPG535 also includes a keyboard stand along with a sustain pedal and power adapter. For the beginner, the built-in interactive lessons provide a user definable tempo that allow for learning at your pace.
Yamaha YPG535 Features
Piano Centric Features
- 88 piano-style keys with Graded Soft Touch
- 6-track sequencer allows you to record your own music
- USB & Flash ROM to download new Songs and Styles for playing
- 5 types preset Master EQ
- Interactive Lessons: Your Tempo mode helps you learn to play
- Backlit LCD, panel lights, pitch bend wheel
- Portable Grand Button: industry's best piano
- Yamaha XGlite/GM voices plus Sweet!, Cool!, Split & Dual voice
- Performance Assistant guarantees a rewarding music experience
- Music Database offers 267 keyboard setups by song title
- Keyboard stand included
- Optional BB1 keyboard bench. Click for more information.
The Yamaha Portable Grand, YPG535 has an easy to use panel, a wealth of piano-centric features including 88 piano-style keys, Graded Soft Touch (GST) action with different levels of resistance, high resolution stereo piano sample and comes with an attractive matching stand, PA-150 energy saving power adapter and sustain pedal.
Lyric, Chord and Notation Display
Have you ever played a song and wondered what it would look like as sheet music? The YPG535 can display the score to a song whether it comes from the Internet, the internal selections or ones that you record yourself, and the pages scroll automatically when a song is played back – no more page turning! And for singers, the screen also displays chords and lyrics to XF compatible songs.
Ease of Operation
There are many tools in the keyboard that make it easy to be a power user from the first day you own the keyboard.
Yamaha Education Suite: Helps You Learn to Play
- Expandable Music Database: Complete keyboard setups by song title. The keyboard selects an appropriate voice for the right hand melody, the correct musical style and the correct tempo. Simply call up a song title and start playing.
- One Touch Setting (OTS): Provides you with a recommended voice with effects for each Style. For example, on a jazz style OTS might be piano, for a Latin style it might be acoustic guitar and for a rock style it might be a guitar with overdrive etc.
- Registration Memory: Set the keyboard up just the way you like and take a digital snapshot by memorizing it to one of the Registration buttons. Load and save up to 16 Registrations to User memory. The Registration buttons are conveniently located just above the keyboard.
- Performance Assistant Technology: Performance assistant technology is a feature from Yamaha that guarantees that you can't play a wrong melody note or chord. Here's how it works. Select a song, press the Performance Assistant button Chord Mode and play the keyboard – any notes you like. Every note you play will fit the music!
The YPG535 has 30 built-in songs plus 70 more on included CD-ROM for you to learn to play using the Yamaha Education Suite. The songs are separated into left and right hand parts, providing 7 levels of lessons plus a convenient chord dictionary.
6-Track Sequencer: Record Your Own Music
- Three Keyboard Lessons for Each Hand
- Waiting Mode – stops the playback of a song until you find the correct note and then continues.
- Your Tempo Mode – Learn to play the correct notes with the correct timing. Song playback tempo will vary to match the speed you are playing at. The song will slow down when you play wrong notes, so you can learn at your own pace.
- Minus One Mode – Here's where you can perfect your technique. The song will play at the normal tempo, minus the part you have chosen to play. Play along while listening to the song.
- Lesson Grading - monitors your progress as you practice each lesson and gives you a grade.
- Repeat and Learn - The song location will move back four measures from the point at which you pressed the button, and playback will begin after a one measure count-in. This section will repeat allowing you to practice until perfect!
- Chord Dictionary - shows you how to play chords and tells you which chords you are playing by displaying the notes and chord names on the LCD screen.
Imagine capturing your child's first performance or writing and recording your own songs. With the YPG535, you have the equivalent of a built-in multi-track recorder to record one or multiple instrument parts at a time and assign each part to a different track. Six tracks are provided to accommodate sophisticated melodies, chord accompaniment and rhythm parts.