The Zoom R16 Multitrack SD Recorder Controller and Interface lets you bring your recording studio to the music!
Zoom has released the firmware update to support 64-bit versions of Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard. Download at http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/news/index.php.
Utilizing a high speed SD memory card data transfer and storage format Zoom engineering was able to create a very portable, very powerful multi-track recorder capable of recording 8 tracks simultaneously at full DVD audio spec (24-bit/48kHz linear PCM in WAV format). After recording, either live or in the studio, the R16 can switch functions and operate as a full feature, DAW software controller so editing, bouncing, mastering, and archiving is a breeze . Want to record directly into your computer’s DAW software? No problem because the R16 is also a digital audio interface featuring either 8x2 at 44.1kHz/16-bit (CD quality) or 2x2 at 24-bit/96kHz conversion rates. The R16 also features; 8 XLR/1/4” mic-line combo inputs (two with 48v phantom power), two front panel Zoom H4n series condenser mics for quick and easy live stereo recording, LED channel metering, over 100 on-board effects and amp models, battery-USB- or AC Adapter operation (adapter supplied), and USB linkable to another R16 for 16 track simultaneous recording. Cuebase LE6 DAW software included. Supports Vista/Windows 7 both 32/64 Bit operating systems, and MAC OSX 10.4 and later 32/64 bit.
Zoom R16 - Recorder - Interface - Controller Features
- Digital recorder with 16-track playback and 8-track simultaneous recording utilizing Secure Digital (SD) memory
- 16/24-bit/44.1kHz linear PCM recording in WAV format
- Built-in stereo condenser microphones
- Supports cards up to 32GB SDHC
- Allows simultaneous recording on up to 8 tracks
- Battery operation for remote recording
- USB power for audio interface and control surface operation
- 8 mic inputs / 2 outputs (8 x 2)
- 8 combination XLR-1/4-inch inputs
- High-definition 24-bit/96kHz recording capability using digital audio software
- Built-in effects can be used as outboard effects as well
- Hi-Z input for direct connection of guitar or bass
- Includes preamp with phantom power on two channels
- Mackie control emulation via USB for popular DAW software including Cubase, Logic, Digital Performer and more
- Over 100 built-in studio effects coming from advanced DSP
- Amazing guitar amp and effects models
- Professional quality mastering effects including multi-band compressor, normalizer and more
- Operates as USB storage device for quick data transfer
- Connect two R16s via USB for synchronized operation and 16 tracks of simultaneous recording
- Undo/Redo functions
- Comes with Steinberg Cubase LE 6
- Supports Windows XP/Vista, Mac operating systems
The R16 combines a remarkable level of functionality with exceptionally intuitive design. For recording purposes, the unit supports up to 32GB SD cards, allowing over 100 track hours of recording. The flexibility of SD recording not only makes the R16 lighter and more portable, it also ensures increased reliability with no concern for a crashing hard drive. You can even have respective SD cards dedicated to specific recording sessions. Back up your project on a USB memory stick.
With the ability to record up to 8 tracks simultaneously, it's easy to capture a live band or even a complete drum kit. The R16 features built-in stereo condenser microphones for field recording or quick, convenient "sketch-pad" capturing of ideas and rehearsals. It also provides 8 combination XLR-1/4-inch inputs along with one Hi-Z input for direct connection of guitar or bass. And the R16 also runs on 6 AA batteries for the ultimate in multi-track portability.
USB operation means you can control each function of your favorite DAW software from the R16 for easy mixing with fine-tuned control. Incorporate any of the 100+ built-in studio effects to enhance your recording and use the pro-quality mastering effects to complete that studio sound. You can even connect two R16s via USB for synchronized operation and 16 tracks of simultaneous recording.
With the Zoom R16, versatility, control and comprehensive features come together in a single device that puts the power to produce professional recordings right at your fingertips.
Zoom R16 The Recorder
||With the ability to record up to 8 tracks simultaneously, the R16 is perfect for recording everything: from music production and rehearsals to field recording and live performances. The R16 also features the same built-in stereo condenser microphones found on an H4 for convenient "sketch-pad" capturing of ideas or rehearsals.
Use the Hi-Z inputs for direct connection of guitar or bass, and get rocking with built-in guitar and bass amp and effects models. When your masterwork is ready, you can use over 100 built-in studio effects to enhance your tracks and use the pro-quality mastering effects to complete that studio sound.
Zoom R16 The Interface
Zoom R16 the Controller
||The R16 is more than a multi-track recorder. It's also a powerful workstation when using USB power for studio operation. Connect the R16 to your laptop or desktop computer via USB, launch your favorite DAW or use the included Cubase LE 6, and start laying down your production tracks. With the 8 balanced, combination XLR-1/4-inch inputs 2 outputs (8 x 2), you can record high-definition, 24-bit/96kHz audio (2 x 2). Use the R16's built-in effects as you lay down tracks on your computer.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
||Computers bring incredible control and power to the recording process, but they're not very intuitive when it comes to mixing. And mixing makes the music. So, when you're ready to mix, the R16 is right there with you. With its USB operation, you can control the functions of your DAW software from the R16 for easy mixing with fine-tuned control. No more mixing with a mouse! The R16's intuitive, mixing console feel, and LED meter bridge makes mixing your tracks a pleasure.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.