Quite possibly the most powerful mixer, DAW controller and direct-to-SD recorder anywhere near this price! For modern creators, songwriters and live players, the TASCAM Model 12 is a compact all-in-one integrated mixer designed to capture all your inspirations from start to finish. The TASCAM 12 features a 10-input mixer, has a full channel strip for each of 8 channels w/EQ, one-knob compressor and 60 mm faders.
Additional features are TASCAM’s critically acclaimed multi-track recorder, USB audio/MIDI interface, DAW control functions, and unique podcasting capability including mix-minus and smartphone inputs. The Model 12 supports your creative process, production, and workflow.
Tascam Model 12 Integrated Production Suite Features
12-Track Multi-Track Recording with 10 Track Playback
- 8 XLR mic inputs (with +48V support) / 10 TRS line inputs, 3.5 mm (1/8”) stereo input and Bluetooth® 5.0 input
- 1-knob compressor and 3 band EQ on all input modules
- Equipped with 60mm faders
- Selectable PFL/AFL modes and in-place solo (SIP)
- Stereo output to MAIN L-R and SUB L-R, monaural send to AUX1 and AUX2
- Dual headphone outputs with individual volume and source selection
- TASCAM FX equipped
- Recording function with punch in/out support allows direct SD card 12 track recording / 10 track playback
- 12 in / 10 out USB audio interface function (USB Type-C connector)
- Built-in metronome function
- Bluetooth 5.0 input with AAC and SBC codec support
- Equipped with MIDI IN/OUT connectors, USB-MIDI interface function, and MTC output/MIDI clock output with SPP support
- Supports simple DAW control (HUI/MCU protocol emulation)
- Click output with TAP TEMPO support
- Dual footswitch (TRS connector) function allows assignment of transport, FX, etc.
- Smartphone input with minus one function
The Model 12’s intuitive internal 12-track recorder records WAV files of up to 24-bit/48 kHz audio quality directly to an SD card, with 10-track playback. Supporting metronome, punch-in/out, and overdubbing functions, the internal recorder also allows WAV files to be imported directly into a DAW for further editing or production.
12 in / 10 Out USB Audio Interface for DAW Connectivity
An onboard USB Type-C connector facilitates connecting a computer to the Model 12 for playback and recording utilizing a wide range of popular DAWs.
DAW Control Integration
Basic external DAW control (Faders, Mutes, Pans, Solos, Record arm, Play, Record, Stop, FF/Rew, Jog) using HUI/MCU protocol emulation is integrated for tactile control of most major DAW’s.
Click Output with TAP TEMPO
A dedicated click output with TAP TEMPO allows the tempo to be monitored in both live or recording environments. This allows live performers to play with tracks using the built-in multi-track engine or music creators to monitor the tempo when recording.
Onboard MIDI Functionality
Standard MIDI in/out connectors allow connection with a wide range of keyboards, drum machines, controllers, and other sources that employ MIDI connectors. The Model 12 can also be used for synchronized operation of multi-track recorders and other external devices like drum machines.
Stream Your Latest Music and Live Performances to Your Fan Base
The Model 12 incorporates several features for podcasting and internet streaming like mix-minus, smartphone input, multiple mic-ready channels, Bluetooth pairing, dual headphone monitoring, and internal multi-track recording. Use the Model 12 as a versatile live production recorder, USB audio interface and live streaming tool.
All in One Production From Recording to Mastering
The Model 12’s seamless integrated workflow facilitates less focus on the technical and more on the creative. The comfortable, familiar feel of the Model 12’s 60mm faders and 1-knob compressor, 3-band EQ, and TASCAM’s high-quality reverb effects allow fast tweaking of mixes and tones.
Pristine Audio Quality
TASCAM’s Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps with EIN (Equivalent Input Noise) of -128dB ensure natural low noise and high-grade sound quality. Additionally, Hi-Z line level inputs are included on all channels for direct instrument input.
Compact Size with Plenty of Inputs
The compact Model 12 packs 8 XLR mic inputs (with +48V support), 10 TRS line inputs, a 3.5mm (1/8”) TRRS input (for Smartphone) and Bluetooth 5.0 input to handle any small format recording or live production environment.
Versatile Routing for Perfecting Your Mix
Selectable PFL/AFL modes and solo in place (SIP) allow for flexible monitoring of individual channels, eliminating the need to mute each single channel when dialing in the perfect mix.
Dual Headphone Monitor
Top-panel accessible dual headphone jacks allow monitoring of two discrete headphone mixes simultaneously for performers and engineers alike.