Become a better drummer, faster with the Roland TD-17KVX, the flagship model in the brand-new TD-17 series V-Drums lineup. When you’re serious about drumming, you need a kit to match your ambition. The V-Drums TD-17 series lets your technique shine through, backed up with training tools to push you further. Combining a TD-50-class sound engine with newly developed pads results in an affordable electronic drum kit that’s authentically close to playing acoustic drums – accurately mirroring the physical movement, stick coordination and hand/foot control that every drummer needs. Meanwhile, an array of built-in coaching functions will track your technique, measure your progress and increase your motivation. Becoming a better drummer is still hard work, but the TD-17 can help you get there.
Roland TD-17 Sound Module Features
TD-17 Sound Module – versatile, comprehensive, and based on Roland’s immense TD-50
- Develop stick-control and correct playing technique with large 12-inch double-mesh snare
- VH-10 Hi-hat cymbal with natural motion and open/close detection helps learn hi-hat control
- Natural, rich and dynamic drum sounds, inherited from flagship TD-50 sound engine
- Learn expressive foot control and pedal technique with the KD-10 Kick pad
- Two crash cymbals and expansion possibilities support your individual playing style and performance
- Improve your sense of time with Time Check and Quiet Count as part of Coach Mode
- Warm-up menu provides a basic daily exercise routine to help your playing progress
- Enjoy playing along with your favorite tunes by streaming audio from your smartphone to the TD-17 via Bluetooth® audio
- Choose a kit that matches the tune or style you’re playing, from 50 premium preset drum kits
- Adjust the ambience of each kit to match the venues you perform at
- Customize the preset drum kits to match your preferred drum sound
- Import your own samples for a drum sound that matches the original recording
- Watch video lessons on your smartphone and play along, while the audio comes through the headphones via Bluetooth
- Develop your playing and timing with free to download ‘Melodics for V-Drums’ software (PC/Mac)
The TD-17 includes over 300 new instrument sounds, 100 user kits, and allows you to import samples in WAV file format from a separate SD or SDHC card (not included). This comprehensive module brings with it several additional performance and production-ready features, including an easy-editing mode, a song recorder, and the ability to stream WAV or MP3 files of an SD Card. The TD-17 makes connecting your V-Drums with other devices easy – you’ll enjoy high-speed USB Audio/MIDI/Bluetooth connectivity options.
The Roland TD-17KVX V-Drums Electronic Bluetooth/Mesh Drum Set Includes:
Drum Stand Hardware Included
- TD-17 Drum Module
- PDX-12 Mesh Snare
- Three (3) PDX-8 mesh tom pads
- KD-10 Kick Trigger pad
- Two (2) CY-12C Dual Trigger Cymbal pads
- CY-13R cymbal pad
- VH-10 Hi-hat cymbal
- Hi-Hat stand and kick pedal sold separately
The Roland TD-17KVX V-Drums kit also includes all the necessary drum hardware. The MDS-COMPACT stand features a 4-leg design with a metal center horizontal joint for extra stability. The snare mount is ‘metal ball clamp’-style hardware for extra strength and mounting flexibility.
Roland Accessories for TD-KVXS electronic drum kit Includes:
Authentic Playing Feel and Skill-Building Tools
- Sound Module Mount
- AC Adaptor
- Special Connections Cable
- Connection Cable
- Owner's Manual
- Drum Key
- Knob bolt (for PDX-12)
- Absorption plate (for VH-10)
- Lockable tie (VH-q0)
- Setup Guide
If you regularly play acoustic drums, you shouldn’t have to change your playing style to use an electronic drum kit. You can use the same playing techniques you’d use on an acoustic kit, without compromise, thanks to the large 12-inch snare* and a natural feeling hi-hat** that can even be mounted on an acoustic hi-hat stand. And being based on the flagship TD-50 sound engine, the sounds faithfully reproduce the character and tone of acoustic drums, with lightning fast response time.
PDX-12 12” snare pad included with TD-17KV/TD-17KV-L and TD-17KVX only
**VH-10 hi-hats included with TD-17KVX model only
The Essential Tools to Improve Your Drumming
First thing’s first: drummers should be able to keep a solid beat before moving on to the exciting stuff. But mastering the basics is exciting too, as it provides a solid foundation for building your skills, not forgetting that tracking your progress is highly motivating too. The TD-17 module includes a Coach Mode to support your daily exercise regime. You can warm up, develop your sense of groove, tempo and timing, and even work on your stamina – all with a score that tells you how you’re doing.
Join Your Favorite Band
No Audition Necessary
Although playing endless drum solos is undeniably fun, it only takes you so far. Push your drumming further by playing along with your favorite bands, or rehearse the tunes you’ll be playing on stage. Wirelessly stream favorite songs from your smartphone to the TD-17 via Bluetooth audio, and hear the entire performance through your headphones. You can even record your performance and then listen back, to decide where you need to improve.
*TD-17KV-L and TD-17K-L do not support Bluetooth.
Preparing To Play Live
When rehearsing, it’s important to play with the same familiar drum sounds that you’ll be using on stage. The TD-17 includes a variety of expressive modelled drum sounds inherited from the flagship TD-50, so you’ll be sure to find the perfect drum sound as you prepare for the gig.
Learn At Your Own Pace with Online Lessons and Desktop Applications
Aside from studying with a drum teacher, there are plenty of online drum lessons or computer-based learning methods. The TD-17 is designed to help you improve – however you like to learn.
Performance under Pressure, For Years to Come
Roland V-Drums are built to be reliable – from the sound module, to the pads, right down to the pedals; each component must deliver, across every scenario and in every performance. The pads and pedals used in the TD-17 series are engineered to take a beating, but their playability also endures. And as your skills and ambitions grow, you can expand your TD-17 by adding an extra crash cymbal or second snare – safe in the knowledge that you’re using the same durable components favored by pro drummers.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.